Thursday, June 18, 2020

14A – Halfway Reflection

1) Tenaciousness is a competency. What are the behaviors that you have used (or developed) to keep up with the requirements of this course?
After looking at the schedules of my classes, including this one, I came to understand the pattern of homework assignments. On Monday, I have a cupcake and reviews and Friday I have blog posts to create. Because of this, Sunday and Wednesday are my homework days in which I complete all my assignments.
2) Tenaciousness is also about attitude. Talk about a moment or two when you felt like "giving up." What pulled you through? Do you feel like you've developed a tenacious attitude during the past two months? What experience or experiences most contributed to this?
One Sunday, I had to go to storage to help my mother more things. Because of this, I was not able to do my homework during the day and when I got home, I was exhausted. The next morning I had to wake up at 5AM to complete my peer reviews and watch the videos for class. I did not want to get up. But somehow, I did. And that was the last time I saved the videos to watch altogether at the last minute. I learned to spread the videos out.
3) Three tips. What are three tips you would offer next semester's student about (1) fostering the skills that support tenacity and (2) developing the 'tenacious mindset' ?

  • Watch the videos through the week rather than all in one day.
  • Take notes to keep your mind focused and to help you do well on the cupcakes.
  • Make a schedule to keep track of the many assignments along with your other assignments from your other classes.

For this post, please include at least one image.
This is my cat, Nikola Tesla. He does homework with me. By that I mean, he sleeps while I do homework. It works for us.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jane!
    The three tips that you offered make a great formula for being successful in this course. It is definitely easy to fall behind in this course due to the numerous assignments and cupcakes. I like that you talked about making a schedule to tackle the coursework; I've found success in doing the same. Professor Pryor is extremely knowledgable on the topics he teaches, and a lot can be gained from watching the lecture.

    Though I'm not much of a cat-person, Nikola Tesla is absolutely adorable! :)

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

1) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous e...