Wednesday, August 5, 2020

30A – Final Reflection

1) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous experience? What experience are you most proud of yourself for accomplishing?

So the same week we were learning about pricing, my mom began selling fabric online. At first, she was just making masks for our family and friends, but she had extra and began selling pieces online. She came to me that particular week because someone was making her offers and she accepted them, not realizing that she would not be making a profit. So I sat down with her and crunched the numbers and I made her take off the offer button. I told her to sell her product for its worth because she is supplying something in high demand. Right now, she is very successful with her small business as I begin my own with earring making.

2) At the beginning of the semester, I mentioned that I wanted each of you to develop an entrepreneurial mindset. Now, at the end, do you see yourself as an entrepreneur? Do you think you have moved closer to developing an entrepreneurial mindset?

I definitely think I have the entrepreneurial mindset and spirit that I did not at the beginning of this course. Quarantine made me take up the hobby of earring making and it quickly became a business as friends and friends of friends wanted pairs of earrings. Despite the rapid change, I was ready and knew what to do because of this class.

3) What is the one recommendation you would make to the students who are going to journey down this path in the future? What would you recommend they do to perform best in this course? What would you recommend they do to foster that mindset?

I don't think that everyone who takes this course will become a business owner or CEO of a fortune 500 CEO, but I think the information we learn in this class can be applied in a variety of careers and skill sets if students are willing to think outside the box. Be willing to apply what you learn here to outside the business world and classroom.


Ancient Coin EarringsEmma EarringsClassic Portrait Earrings

My earrings: Gold coins with beads, Emma with pearls, and classical portraits relating to the Trojan War (the Anger of Achilles and the Judgment of Paris).

1 comment:

  1. Jane,
    I enjoyed reading and learning about how you've responded to your thoughts on how this class went for you this summer. I agree with your thoughts on the recommendation aspect for this course. Not everyone succeeds at being an entrepreneur, however, the skills we've adapted through this class will help us massively in any career we pursue. You've shown great improvement in this class to this point so nice job.

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

1) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous e...