Monday, July 27, 2020

26A – Celebrating Failure

I absolutely have to begin this assignment by saying that Thomas Edison is a pompous jerk and did not invent anything. Rather he underpaid workers like Nikola Tesla to invent things and then took the credit for it. He put the advancement of American technology behind in an effort to pursue his own greed by blocking Tesla from selling his inventions that eventually inspired Wi-Fi, sonar detection, and so much more.

Secondly, this summer, I made it a priority to finish moving in to my apartment and organizing EVERYTHING. That has been slightly difficult as I keep rearranging my closet and keeping up with my other responsibilities. Today, the legs for my desk finally arrived so I could put it together but I was so exhausted after studying and taking the cupcake. But it feels like there's an excuse every day. Last week, I was helping my friend Brynn move out and this week I'm helping my friend move out of Tallahassee. But today I have decided to get ahead of my homework by doing this blog post early so that tomorrow I can focus on my room and the next day I can drive to Tallahassee!

Quite honestly, failure is not something I can across often. I am headstrong, iron-willed and tenacious, and I do everything I can do prevent failure. Even the failure to finish my room before Summer B started, just means I have to set a new goal until I can succeed. I guess thinking of the emotional aspect, I would not handle failure well because I have not experienced it often. The thought of failure in the grand scheme, like life or a career, is absolutely terrifying for me.

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jane!
    We really are great at coming up with excuses for ourselves. I think the best way to overcome the fear of failure is to learn to hold yourself accountable. I have a really hard time doing so because it's just so much easier to put the blame on someone or something. I like that you mentioned setting goals because that is one thing that has helped me find a new perspective on chasing success. Great job on this post!

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

1) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous e...