Thursday, July 9, 2020

18A – Create a Customer Avatar

My target audience is people with roommates, specifically younger people in big cities!
In this picture, I am with my friends, two of which were my roommates and the other girls also happened to be roommates too. Unfortunately, two of my roommates had VERY different living styles and this led to a lot of conflicts. Our living spaces were very small and this caused a lot of friction with people cooking, leaving messes, and of course, noise.

In this picture, I am with my roommates from my internship in Washington, D.C. There was no drama (thank goodness), but there was very different sleeping schedules that meant a lot of delays as we tip toed around each other. We had work to do and places to be so this was an unnecessary stressors with our loud, obnoxious microwaves.

My customers are one thing but a variety of people with different backgrounds. They will lean towards being younger because of young adults needing cheaper living accommodations but older adults can also benefit from this as they live with children or significant others. Some people, in general, just dislike the noise the microwave makes so they would be interested in this product as well. The great thing about this product is that a variety of people can benefit from it and would purchase it.

4 comments:

  1. Hey Jane!
    I think you've appropriately described your customer avatar, and I like that you used real pictures because it provided a better idea of what you typical customer would look like. Is there a specific age range that you are focusing on? You mentioned young adults, but do you have a more specific target market in mind? Also, what is your customer watching on tv and what are some of their hobbies?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jane.
    I think that you adding your own photos as the prototypical customer because it shows that there is a need for this product and you have experienced that need first hand. You are also apart of the age group of your target audience! Other than mentioning the story behind the product and its use for the customers, I would also like to know a little about the lifestyle that these students, like what they like to do or what they are in school for, etc. Other than that, I think you did a great prototypical customer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jane! I love the second photo you added of your roommates in D.C. It speaks to your market so much with the microwave in the background and one person in pajama pants ready for bed. :) I think you developed a product with a very clear market.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jane! I really like how you used real photos for your avatar project. I feel this way it has made it more real and connectable. Mean as we are also college students dealing with the same problems. So it’s nice to see connectable products/services that I can actually relate too and be for me.

    ReplyDelete

30A – Final Reflection

1) What sticks out to you as the most formative experience? The experience that you'll remember years later? What was your most joyous e...